Reiki is a gentle, yet powerful hands-on healing Japanese therapy that works to bring the body back into balance, positively affecting the body-mind-spirit as a whole by assisting healing on all levels. The treatment feels like a calming radiance that flows through and around you. You may experience sensations of warmth, tingling, coolness. Reiki treats the whole body-mind-spirit creating many beneficial effects that include feelings of peace, security and well being.
Reiki is simple, natural and safe and all who experience it benefit from it. Receiving a Reiki treatment will not interfere or replace traditional medical care and can enhance other medical treatments. Reiki complements all other forms of holistic healing.
Reiki energy was rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in early 20th century Japan and brought to the United States in the 1930’s. Universal Life Force Energy (Japanese translation of Rei-ki) flows within and around us, and nourishes the organs and cells of our body, supporting them in their vital functions. When the flow of this life force energy is disrupted, it causes diminished function and energetic blockages in the tissues of our physical body, leaving it vulnerable to illness or dis-ease. Reiki helps to remove the blockages, restore balance and promote healing on all levels – Body, Mind, Spirit.
- Benefits of Reiki
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Assists in removing toxins from the body
- Improves emotional well-being
- Reduces heart rate and lowers blood pressure
- Decreases arthritic pain and increases mobility
- Reduces fatigue and insomnia
- Accelerates healing process following injury and surgical procedures
- Assists in the alcohol/addiction recovery
- Relieves side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Help release fears and feelings of insecurity
- Restores balance to our energy centers (chakras)
- Offers energy to all organs, muscles, nerves, bones
- Heals on a cell level
- Enhances vitality
- Comforts and assists through grieving process
- Instills overall sense of inner peace and serenity
- Promotes positive thinking
- Our pets benefit from Reiki treatments too!
The U.S. Army and Veteran’s Administration has also found Reiki to assist in recovering from combat wounds and related issues. General George Casey (US Army Chief of Staff) recommends that Reiki be used across the military to help soldiers strengthen and recover from the injury, pain and stress of combat. At the “Warrior Resilience” program at Fort Bliss, Reiki is used in the Army’s Hepatitis C treatment program. Military OneSource’s Health Library says that Reiki can increase wellness, as well as “treat diseases of all types.”